University Network Management System
Project Domain / Category
To design and configure a network for university having different where all members and students in the department receive appropriate dynamic IP address from DHCP Server (Windows 2008) or Router. Each department uses different IP network address.
There are two servers on the network for a social network application and file sharing. The social network application is accessible by web browsers with appropriate username and password. The file server is accessible using FTP client.
The organization uses Cisco switches and routers.
- Create VLANs and InterVLAN routing using Cisco routers and switches.
- Classify IP addresses for each department.
- Map the network address with respective VLANs.
- Configure DHCP server on Windows 2008 or Cisco Router for dynamic IP address allocation to users belonging to respective VLAN.
- All departments are connected and interactive sessions like video and voice calls are being made.
- Evaluation of the performance of the network with defined parameters like bandwidth, server capacity, traffic intensity.
- Calculation of through put, delay and jitter.
- Recommendations to improve QoS and Resource utilization on the basis of results
Packet Tracer or GNS3.