Online Admission Management System
Project Domain / Category
Abstract / Introduction
Online admission management system is being developed for a university so that students can online apply in different disciplines once in a year. Admission to the eligible students will be offered merely on merit basis. Desiring candidates will fill form for the admission. A candidate can also apply in more than one disciplines if he/she is applying in any regular study program. 5% marks will be deducted from the merit if any candidate has less than 45% marks in last academic year.
System will maintain discipline wise merit lists of students, record of those students who will apply on specific quota and can also generate report based on student’s priority for discipline. Student will also receive acceptance/rejection message through email. User’s provided data will be used for Student’s id card.
– Administrator of the system will be able to manage whole system. He / She will be able to admit a student, cancel an admission, edit data, generate data for id cards, generate merit lists.
– Candidate will be able to enter data through online form.
– System will take data to check eligibility for admission in BSCS/BS(IT)/BBA study program(s) in different disciplines as per following criteria: Intermediate (12-yrs education) with at least 45% marks
– System will take data to check eligibility for admission in 2-years MS(CS) in different disciplines as per following criteria: 4 Years Bachelor’s degree (16-yrs education) with at least 45% marks
– System will able to generate merit list on quota basis e.g. Provisional, District etc.
– Merit lists will be generated on basis of priority for discipline that candidate has selected at time of data entry.
– A complete merit list according to different disciplines will be generated for all students.
– A complete merit list for total number of students will also be generated for each discipline.
– Based on student’s priority for discipline, a complete merit list for total number of students will be generated for each discipline.
– A separate merit list will be generated for eligible and non-eligible candidates.
– Email message will be sent to the candidate on acceptance/rejection of admission.
– System will be able to generate Id cards of admitted students. Id card details will be included:
Student name, Picture, Roll Id, Study Program, Expiry date.
Tools: ASP.NET, JSP, PHP, MS SQL Server, MySQL