Intra City Courier Service
Project Domain / Category
Mobile Application (Android)
Abstract / Introduction
Often, we must send parcels/letters within city. It is a hectic process to go to the post office/courier center for shipment of parcels/letters. We can solve this issue by developing an android app through which user can send his/her parcels picked up from his/her doorstep and delivered at his/her desired destination.
User will enter pick up and destination location manually or by using Google maps along with the parcel and receiver details. Courier Company will confirm the order request of the user and assign a courier representative to user. The user will get push notification on his mobile upon the confirmation of his order request. The courier representative will arrive at the users pick up location (with the help of Google map direction), collect parcel and courier charges and will deliver the courier at the destination. Users can also track the real time status of his parcel on google maps.
There will be three users of the Application.
- Courier representative/driver
The following will be the functional requirements of this project.
- User management.
- User can request new
- Admin/user/driver can view order
- Admin can manage accounts
- Admin can manage courier orders
- Admin/user can view tracking result of courier location
- User should be able to receive Real-time Push notifications on order confirmation/cancelation.
- Courier representative/driver should be able to open Google Maps and follow directions from where the user is requesting the
- Show Driver route while delivering the courier
- You can use libraries from GitHub or Android Arsenal
- You can use Git as version control for
- These are basic requirements of the application. Students may add further functionalities to make the application more
- Virtual University of Pakistan will not provide any kind of hardware for this project; student must arrange the required hardware by himself/herself.
- VU will not pay for any license of the software, the libraries /toolkits/APIs used in this
- It may also be noted that your android devices must support all features necessary for this
Android Studio Firebase
MySql/ PhpMyAdmin Google Maps