The world’s workforce is becoming more self-employed. It is liberty; you have the flexibility to choose your own working hours and may earn an infinite amount of money. Everyone wishes to work for themselves. Who wouldn’t want to be their own boss and work hard to have a stable job that allows them to be financially self-sufficient?
Freelance websites are becoming increasingly popular. Fiverr is a freelance marketplace that focuses on selling services in a freelancing competition where all major sites promote a direct bidding approach.
Buyers come to Fiverr to find what they’re searching for and browse through the many Gigs. When they like a Gig, which is essentially a service with appealing photos, a detailed explanation, a price, and a timeframe, they place an order for it. The freelancer whose service has been acquired fulfils the request and is compensated.
Control is what sets Fiverr apart from other freelancing markets like Upwork and Guru. The customer publishes a project on these direct bidding platforms, the freelancer submits a bid, and if the client likes the proposal, the job is awarded.
You don’t have much influence over your Gigs as a Fiverr freelancer. Your Gig, on the other hand, will be promoted and potentially purchased if you perform certain things well.
So, the million-dollar issue is: what are the characteristics that make a gig appear prospective, advertised, and appealing to orders?
Let’s take a closer look at the characteristics that are critical for showcasing a Gig and generating orders.
1- Title & Tags:
Here is what you can do to get started.
1. First, choose your Keyword for the category you want to create a Gig for.
2. Search on Fiverr and make sure that the results are sorted by “Relevance“.
3. Open the Gigs that are on Top (choose at least five).
4. Write the title of all five Gigs in a notepad.
5. Write Tags by copying from all gigs in notepad.
6. Notice what is the common thing/element in all of those Titles.
7. Repeat the process for ‘Tags‘
(Shortlist five best/most used/common tags and you will get a shortlisted Tags and Titles list)
8. After the analysis is done, now carefully create your own Title.
9. Select your category, subcategory.
10. Now it comes to Tags. Write the Tags that you have shortlisted above. There is no need to change anything here, do not re-invent the wheel. The idea is to pick the footprints of successful Gigs and reproduce.
Click on Save & Continue. You have completed the basic but most important phase.
1. Again, search your Main Keyword on Fiverr.
2. This time make sure that the results are sorted by “Best Selling“.
3. Open 10 random Gigs.
4. Read their Packages thoroughly and carefully.
5. Analyse what is the common thing in all of those packages.
6. Pick those elements, reproduce them and also reproduce similar “Extras”
7. In short, Create Packages by looking at those successful Gigs that are already doing well on Fiverr.
My recommendation for Gig “Description” is as follows:
1. The first line will contain my main Keyword. I would typically adjust it and write in my own way.
2. In a new paragraph, I write what I will do basically – Very short answer and a previous result of a project.’
3. In a new paragraph, “Call To Action“, I will ask a question and provide a path for the buyer to reach out to me. It is very important.
4. Need to describe my working structure, how I work, and then an irresistible offer.
5. A detailed explanation of my service (key points should be in bullets)
6. Reasons to choose me. The ‘Why‘ is very important in attracting a view on the Gig.
7. What will the client get in the delivery?. Source files etc.
Whatever you have done for point number 2, repeat this for images. The images used in a Gig should be nicely created, eye-catchy, attractive. An attractive image attracts the clients and they click on your thumbnail. So an attractive, nice-looking thumbnail is a key here.
In the Gig, the importance of video cannot be ignored. If you look at the success patron of high-ordered Gigs, you will observe they have videos, well, most of them do.
5- Promote Your Videos:
Now that you have created your Gig, one important step is to promote it on your social media. I would suggest using Facebook page, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn. These platforms let you make a public post (FREE) and use hashtags to reach out to different categories, for example, if you are a content writer, you can use #writer, or if you are a graphic designer, use #graphicdesign.
The best method to pick a hashtag is to start with # and then input a word, such as “graphic.” All recommendations relating to that term will be automatically provided by the platform. Choose the one that best matches your needs and put it to use.
Use the link to your Gig in the post. I recommend that you shorten the URL; many services provide this service for free. Use a good photograph, give a brief description of your service, include hashtags, and post. Within a few days, you’ll notice a difference in your Gig views.