Increment and Decrement Operator
- The increment and decrement operators are unary operators that add or subtract one from their operand.
- Imperative programming languages are typically used to implement them.
- Each operator in C-like languages has two variants (pre-and post-) with slightly different semantics.
- The increment operator is represented as ++ and the decrement operator is written as — in syntactically derived languages from B (including C and its several variants).
- The inc(x) and dec(x) functions are also used in other languages.