B2C Online Store
Project Domain / Category
The business-to-consumer aspect of electronic commerce is the most valuable business use of the World Wide Web. The primary goal of an online store is to sell goods and services online. Keeping the features of an e-commerce site, online bookstore website software project acts as a central database containing various books in stock along with their titles, authors and costs. It provides customers online book(s) shopping facility from their homes. A customer can sign up for free, login to his / her account, can browse books of his / her own interest, can view prices and other details of selected books, place books into shopping cart and pay bill using his / her credit card details. This website project will be developed using ASP.NET as the front end and SQL as a backend. The SQL database will store information about the books and other details. Any customer visiting the bookstore website can see a wide range of books arranged in corresponding categories Actually, it’s a virtual store on the Internet where customers can browse the catalog and select books of interest. At checkout time, the items in the shopping cart will be presented as an order to the customer. At that time, more information will be needed to complete the transaction. Usually, the customer will be asked to fill a form containing information about shipping address and other details, and payment information such as credit card number etc. An e- mail notification will also be sent to the customer as soon as the order is placed.
- The system shall provide convenient interface for User Registration, Book Search, and Payment.
- The system shall be capable to generate invoice bill and Customer shall be able to pay it online.
- The system shall provide Password Recovery facility through customer email id.
- The customer shall be able to trace his / her order later on. Administrator shall also be able to trace any order easily.
- The customer shall be convenient to search books using an easy search interface.
- Every order shall be allocated a unique identifier (ORDER_ID) which the user shall be able to copy to the account’s permanent storage area.
- Both admin and customer shall have different views. i.e., Administrator View and User View.
- Customer shall be able to get notifications on his / her email id.
ASP.NET, C#, VB.NET, SQL Server