Android Recipe Maker
Project Domain / Category
Abstract / Introduction
“And eat and drink, and do not cross the limit.” – Al Quran (Part 8, Surah 7, Ayah 31)If you are a Cooking Lover but often face situations when you want to make something delicious but are stuck with limited ingredients. Or you find some recipe of your favorite cuisine on social media but can’t do anything because it contains such ingredients which you don’t have in your kitchen or not available in your local market. Don’t be afraid, we have a best recipe maker app which will do that job for you; just start playing around with cooking food at home.
Android Recipe Maker is an Android based mobile application which will basically provide some recipes for the available ingredients or groceries. All you need to do is, just input some local food items or select from available list and let the app generate one or more easy and quickly made recipes for you, along with complete step-by-step procedure.
Android Recipe Maker app should consist of following requirements;
- Minimum Recipes: There should be at least 50 recipes; all must be properly categorized like Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Beverages, Appetizers, Snacks, and Salads
- Firebase Real-Time Database: It is needed to store all recipes data in JSON form on Firebase Real-Time
- Registered Users: Only registered users can view the recipes. So, provide registration and as well as login interfaces; store users’ credentials on Firebase Real-Time Database in an encrypted
- Input Modes: After successful login, user should be asked to provide ingredients by using following modes:
- Ingredients List: User can choose food items from available ingredients list; need to make sure that no such item should be there which does not have any corresponding
- By Typing: User can provide multiple ingredients by typing via on-screen keyboard.
- Voice Input: User can use voice for input; convert audio into text using Voice Recognition technology, provided by
- Latest Recipes: User can also view recipes without providing any specific ingredients; only 25 latest recipes should be displayed in this
- Search Recipes: According to input, the recipes should be searched from Firebase Real-Time Database and displayed to user. However, user should be properly informed if found no valid
- Recipe Detail: Each recipe must have proper Title, valid Description, Ingredients list, Step-by-Step Instructions, Preparation & Cook time, Recipe Servings and Photos
- My Cookbook: User should be able to save any recipe in the app so that it could be viewed offline; use SQLite or Room database for this There should be an option to delete recipes in My Cookbook as well.
- Push Notifications: The user must be informed via Real-Time Push Notifications whenever a new recipe is added on Firebase Real-Time
- Share Recipe: User should be able to share recipes on Social Media; only My
Cookbook’s recipes could be shared.
- Backup Feature: User should be fascinated by giving backup option; all My Cookbook’s recipes must be stored/retrieved to/from Firebase Real-Time Database in an encrypted
- IDE: Android Studio
- Programming Language: Java/Kotlin
- Databases: Firebase Real-Time Database & SQLite/Room